Press Information, May 23, 2018 (translated).
Launch of the limited edition ‘ULTIMATE’ on the Coccinelle Coupe and Cabriolet Ultimate Limited Series of a vehicle emblematic of the Volkswagen brand sold over 21 million of copies since the 1st generation ‘ULTIMATE’ series limited to 300 copies in France, badged and numbered.
A final chapter in the history of the Coccinelle opens with the launch of a limited edition ‘ULTIMATE’ on the French market. 73 years after the production begins at the Wolfsburg factory, the Coccinelle pulls his reverence with a limited series, badged and numbered. 300 copies will be proposed in total. In detail, 150 copies will be available on the coupe version and 150 on the convertible version.
The Coccinelle, a key factor in the development of democracy and mobility of post-war Germany, has become over time a true ambassador of the brand throughout the world. With more than 21 millions of vehicles built, the Coccinelle is undeniably an automotive icon and its characteristic silhouette is recognizable everywhere and by all.
Based on the R-Line finish, this special, ultra-equipped series has many standard equipment such as:
- Special bumpers and sills
- 18″ Twister wheels (TSI 150 engine) / Salvador 19″ wheels (TSI 220)
- Panoramic sunroof (on Coupé)
- Keyless Access and Reversing Camera
- Bi-Xenon lights
- Vienna leather upholstery
- Climatronic automatic climate control
- Black or Silver ‘Cochinelle’ stickers
- Aluminum type crankset / ‘R-Line’ door sill
- ‘R-Line’ multifunction steering wheel and steering wheel paddles
- Discover Media / App-Connect Entertainment Info System
The Coccinelle ‘ULTIMATE’ is offered on 1.4 TSI 150 engines DSG and 2.0 TSI 220 DSG. Available from € 33,990 in coupe version (1.4 TSI 150 DSG) and from 36 890 € in convertible version (1.4 TSI 150 DSG), the Coccinelle ‘ULTIMATE’ is now available for order.
Information courtesy Sem Gijssels.